Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information Update
- Latest COVID-19 Update - 9/6/2021
Announced today by the Acting Premier James Merlino is an easing of COVID-restrictions from 11.59pm tomorrow night.
This includes a return to classrooms for school children and an increase in the travel limit of up to 25km unless for one of the five permitted reasons.
For the full statement click here.
Metropolitan Melbourne remains at COVID Active (Red) and when we have further information we will advise you accordingly.
Further updates and information as follows:
OUR LATEST STATISTICS
As it currently stands we have:
- No COVID-19 positive patients in our health service;
- 1 staff member on 14-day Department of Health mandated furlough due to proximity to Tier 1 exposure sites
COVID-19 VACCINATION & PREGNANCY/BREAST FEEDING
Thanks to Dr. Penny Sheehan, Director of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, for directing to the latest advice as it relates to those who are pregnant, breast feeding or even thinking about pregnancy.
Many world-wide studies are informing the latest advice which is freely available via a range of sources.
Despite the revised restriction, please continue supporting our state of readiness by playing your role in COVID-safety:
- Stay up to date with the latest COVID exposure sites;
- If you have any COVID-19 symptoms - get tested;
- Wear PPE appropriate to your area including eye-wear in patient facing roles;
- Always check in to meeting rooms and shared locations using the QR codes provided; and
- Practise good hand hygiene.
STAY UP TO DATE
Our Eastern Health newsfeed is provided through Workplace; please stay up to date with the latest information including latest changes by downloading the App or heading to the Workplace website.