Specialist (Outpatients) Clinics
Making a Referral
- Minimum Referral Content (DOC, 37KB)
- GP Referral Tempates
- Victorian Statewide Referral Form (DOC, 42KB)
For referrals to Angliss, Maroondah, Box Hill, Yarra Ranges and Healesville hospitals
- Fax: 9839 6733
Eastern Health operates a number of Specialist (Oupatient) clinics located at the Angliss, Box Hill and Maroondah Hospitals.
Specialist (Oupatient) clinics Referral Process
Step 1 - Screening
- Referrals are received by Specialist Clinics Booking Hub via Fax, Mail or eReferral (Electronic referral)
- Eastern Health prefers to receive electronic referrals from General practice utilising eReferral solutions (HealthLink) where ever possible.
- Referral information is screened against state referral criteria and local health service acceptance criteria.
Minimum referral parameters are required Minimum Referral Content (DOC, 37KB)
- Referrer or patient are contacted via fax if further information is required
Step 2 - Triage and Prioritisation
- Referrals are triaged and clinically prioritised.
- High Priority patients will receive an appointment within 30 calendar days
- Routine patients will receive the next available appointment
Step 3 - Appointment Notification
- Referrer and patient are notified of referral outcome through appointment notification or waitlisting advice.