Secondary Consultation and Community Education for Partner Agencies
CYMHS offers regular contracted secondary consultations to a range of agencies across the Eastern Metropolitan region and aims to support the mental health care of children and young people.
Requests to establish a secondary consultation can be made by contacting the CYMHS Access Team on 1300 721 927 (Press Option 2).
Community Education Seminars:
CYMHS Community Education Program provides monthly seminars to support education, health and welfare professionals in their work and facilitate increased understanding of mental health issues in children, young people and their families.
CYMHS Community Seminars for Professionals interested in mental health. Email Inquiries
Community Education Seminars for 2020 – timetable for the year (DOC, 251KB) (PDF, 385KB) Check the list of topics for your professional development.
- Thursday, March 12 - Identifying And Working With Anxiety In Primary School-Aged Children (PDF, 190KB) Accessible Word FIle (DOC, 111KB)
- Thursday, April 23 - Non-Suicidal Self Injury Flyer (PDF, 125KB) Accessible Word FIle (DOC, 90KB)
- Thursday, July 23 - Eating Disorders
- Thursday, August 20 - Borderline Personality Disorder
- Thursday, October 22 - Working With Parents Around School Refusal
- Thursday, November 26 - Autism
Registration Form for Community Seminars 2020 (DOC, 70KB)- use to apply for any of our seminars
Additionally CYMHS provides:
Youth Mental Health First Aid
Two day Youth Mental Health First Aid Courses will operate from 9:00am - 5:00pm on the below dates:
- Monday March 23 and Tuesday March 24
- Monday June 22 and Tuesday June 23
- Monday September 7 and Tuesday September 8
Please email all enquiries to: communityseminarCYMHS@easternhealth.org.au