Secondary Consultation and Community Education for Partner Agencies
CYMHS offers regular contracted secondary consultations to a range of agencies across the Eastern Metropolitan region and aims to support the mental health care of children and young people.
Requests to establish a secondary consultation can be made by contacting the CYMHS Access Team on 1300 721 927 (Press Option 2).
Community Education Seminars:
CYMHS Community Education Program provides monthly seminars to support education, health and welfare professionals in their work and facilitate increased understanding of mental health issues in children, young people and their families.
CYMHS Community Seminars for Professionals interested in mental health. Email Inquiries
Community Education Seminars for 2019 – timetable for the year (DOC, 251KB) Check the list of topics for your professional development.
Check individual topic flyers for more details below:
- Alcohol and Marijuana Thursday, February 21
- Psychosis Thursday, March 14
- Early in Life Mental Health Thursday, April 4
- Behavioural Disorders in children Thursday, May 9 - Flyer (PDF, 375KB) Accessible Word File (DOC, 13KB)
- Gaming Thursday, June 20 - Flyer (PDF, 291KB) Accessible Word File (DOC, 00KB)
- Tough Talk – Communication issues in children and young people who have experienced maltreatment Thursday, July 25 - Flyer (PDF, 291KB) Accessible Word File (DOC, 15KB)
- TBA Tuesday, August 13
- School refusal Thursday, September 12
- Depression & suicide in youth Thursday, October 31
- TBA Thursday, November 21
Registration Form for Community Seminars 2019 (DOC, 70KB)- use to apply for any of our seminars
Additionally CYMHS provides:
Youth Mental Health First Aid
Two day Youth Mental Health First Aid Courses will operate from 9:00am - 5:00pm on the below dates:
- Friday Feb 22 & Friday March 1
- Monday April 29 & Tuesday April 30
- Thursday July 18 & Friday July 19
- Thursday October 10 & Friday October 11 (TBC)
Please email all enquiries to: communityseminarCYMHS@easternhealth.org.au