Eastern Health has welcomed the start of a fresh new chapter for Angliss Hospital, with works completed on a $20 million expansion of the hospital.
Funded by the State Government, the expansion includes a range of features, predominantly being the construction of a fourth level above the main hospital building to house critical care services.
Like all Eastern Health capital projects, the Angliss Hospital expansion was guided by Eastern Health’s Clinical Service Plan. This is a long term plan to ensure Eastern Health is able to meet the needs of the local community now and into the future.
The hospital expansion will provide a welcome boost to healthcare in Melbourne’s outer east.
It will play an important role in ensuring Eastern Health can continue to meet the needs of its community, now and into the future.
About the project
The construction includes a fourth level above the main hospital building that contains a 14-bed Intensive Care Unit. It also includes an expanded short stay unit for the hospital that provides care for patients who require a stay of up to 24 hours.
In addition, the paediatric emergency and short stay area has been refurbished, with an increased number of existing paediatric short stay beds available.
Overall, the hospital expansion has delivered an increase of 20 beds, along with significant improvements to the overall clinical environment.
By delivering this boost to the hospital’s critical care capacity, it will also reduce the number of patient transfers that occur from Angliss Hospital to Maroondah Hospital and Box Hill Hospital each year.
Eastern Health would like to thank the Department of Health and Human Services, consultants and architect Silver Thomas Hanley and builders Kane Constructions for their work and support of this project.
The hospital expansion was completed in October 2018.
Above: Deputy Premier and Monbulk MP James Merlino, pictured with Nurse Unit Manger Simon Delaney, visits the new fourth level at Angliss Hospital.
Above: An external view of Angliss Hospital’s new fourth level.
- About us
- Annual Highlights
- Annual Reports
- Aboriginal Health Cultural Safety Plan
- Aboriginal Workforce Plan 2023-2026
- Cancer Services Plan 2015-20
- Connect with Respect
- Eastern Health 2022
- Eastern Insight
- Gender Equality Action Plan
- Mental Health Royal Commission Submissions
- Quality Accounts
- Reconciliation Action Plan
- Research Reports
- Strategic Plan 2023-2025
- Turning Point Review
- Organisational Structure
- Consumer and Community Engagement
- Eastern Health Foundation
- Policies and Guidelines
- Access to Patient Records
- A–Z Service Directory
- Aboriginal Health
- Acute Specialist Clinics (Outpatients)
- Patient Revenue Services
- Emergency Department
- Eastern Centre Against Sexual Assault
- Allied Health Services
- Clinical and Health Psychology
- Occupational therapy
- Physiotherapy - Continence and Women’s Health
- Physiotherapy – Inpatient Services
- Social work
- Speech pathology
- Spiritual care
- Maternity Services
- I am pregnant
- Maternity Booking Form
- First 14 Weeks
- 14 to 28 Weeks
- 28 Weeks to Birth
- I have given birth
- Maternity Resources for GPs
- I am pregnant
- Mental Health and Wellbeing Service
- Our Response to the Royal Commission into Victoria’s Mental Health System
- Mental Health Wellbeing and Recovery
- Lived Experience Workforce - LEW
- Families where a Parent has a Mental Illness (FaPMI)
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Social and Emotional Wellbeing
- Child Youth Mental Health and Wellbeing Service
- Adult Mental Health
- Central East Mental Health Services
- Outer East Mental Health Service
- Triage And Emergency Department Response Service
- Useful Links
- Overview of Adult Hospital Inpatient Units
- Inpatient Unit helpful information
- What can I expect during my stay?
- Dual Diagnosis
- Older Adult Mental Health and Wellbeing Service
- Consultation-Liaison (CL) Psychiatry
- Eastern Mental Health Service Coordination Alliance
- Language Services
- Imaging Services
- Alcohol and Drug Treatment (Turning Point)
- Patients and Visitors
- Angliss Hospital
- Blackburn Public Surgical Centre
- Box Hill Hospital
- Healesville Hospital and Yarra Valley Health
- Maroondah Hospital
- Peter James Centre
- Turning Point
- Wantirna Health
- Yarra Ranges Health
- Eastern Health Forest Hill
- Research & Ethics
- Latest News
- Research Programs
- Allied Health Research
- Endocrinology and Diabetes Clinical Trials - Eastern Clinical Research Unit (ECRU)
- Mental Health Research
- Nursing and Midwifery Research
- Turning Point
- Education and Training
- Research Data Services
- Library Services
- Funding Opportunities
- Research Enquiries
- Health Professionals
- Latest News
- Current Vacancies
- Why Work with us?
- Medical Recruitment
- Medical Training & Education
- Graduate Nurses & Midwives
- Nursing & Midwifery
- Allied Health
- Work Experience Program for Secondary School Students
- Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Contact us