You are inspiring our frontline medical teams! Thank you so much for your help.
Recent support from our local community has meant the world to our frontline health workers over the last few months! Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
I am tremendously grateful for the gifts made to the Eastern Health Agility Response Fund.
Our community has shown my colleagues and I just how much they appreciate their frontline health workers.
When we launched the Agility Response Fund in March 2020, we didn’t know exactly what we would need. The goalposts were changing every day, sometimes multiple times a day.
Community support meant that my colleagues and I were able to respond quickly when we needed to purchase life-saving equipment.
Community help meant that we were able to connect patients with their families and prevent loneliness.
Community foresight meant that we were able to fund telemedicine initiatives for the future, to keep our patients safe at home.
You can read more about how these gifts made a difference in the Winter edition of 'Because of You'.
A Chinese version is also available.
As you will read, 2,860 kind people generously donated $727,697 to the Eastern Health Agility Response Fund to 31 July 2020, directly supporting our frontline health workers.
Thank you for:
- Two heart lung bypass machines in Intensive Care to take over the work of the heart or lungs when patients are critically ill
- 16 vital signs monitors in our COVID-19 wards to provide 24/7 monitoring of heart rate and breathing function
- Three video laryngoscopes in our Intensive Care Units and Emergency Departments to help doctors insert breathing tubes for patients who require ventilation
- One rapid testing machine in our Pathology Laboratory to test for COVID-19 and influenza
- Nine iPads to keep patients in touch with their families during visitor restrictions
- Enhancement of our 'Virtual hospital ward' to provide healthcare services in the home
On behalf of everyone at Eastern Health, I extend my heartfelt appreciation to all of our donors.
Thank you for taking the time to support our frontline medical teams. Thank you for saving lives.
If you have any questions about how your gift is making a difference, please contact Eastern Health Foundation on 03 9895 4608.
Dr John Dyett
Intensive Care Specialist at Eastern Health
PS There is still so much more we need to do as we battle the lasting effects of the second wave of COVID-19 in Victoria. The Eastern Health Agility Response Fund is an ongoing appeal. Please make a donation today.