Eastern Health aims to maximise the health of the communities we serve.
We do this by advancing the practice of improving healthcare delivery by undertaking research that informs everyday healthcare practices, and developing and implementing initiatives to improve healthcare outcomes.
Eastern Health Foundation raises funds to support research and innovation at Eastern Health. These funds enable investigators to undertake research projects that are of benefit to the communities Eastern Health serves, through the establishment of the Eastern Health Foundation Research and Innovation Grants.
All Eastern Health staff are eligible to apply.
Apply for an Eastern Health Foundation Research and Innovation Grant
2020 Grant Round
2020 Eastern Health Foundation Research and Innovation Grants will open in October 2019.
Applications will close in November. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Funding will be awarded to successful applicants from 1 January 2020.
- Applicants must agree to the grant agreement before proceeding with application
- Applicants must agree to attend the Eastern Health Foundation Research and Innovation Grant Awards function in February 2020
- All clinical and non-clinical Eastern Health employees may apply
- The project is normally undertaken at an Eastern Health site
- Successful applicants will be limited to receiving one award per round
Funding may be used to cover:
- Salaries for research staff
- Stipends for students
- Time relief for investigators to be directly involved in carrying out the research project or to provide resources necessary to undertake the project
- Equipment (note: any equipment purchased will remain the property of Eastern Health and must be assigned an Eastern Health asset number)
Funding may not be used to cover:
- Non-research costs (including publication and conference attendance, ethics application costs)
Assessment of applications
Grant applications will be assessed by members of the Eastern Health Foundation Research and Innovation Grants Advisory Committee.
The panel will pay particular attention to the following when reviewing applications:
- Scientific quality
- Significance and innovation
- Benefit to Eastern Health communities
Please contact David Taylor, Director of Research and University Relations on 9094 9551 or via firstname.lastname@example.org