Current Patient Experience Rating
What is this?
The Eastern Health Patient Experience Star Rating is calculated from the feedback received from our consumers (patients, clients and residents).
Consumers are invited to complete the Eastern Health Patient Experience Survey in a number of ways including via email, via a brochure with a QR code linking to the survey or prior to discharge. The average number of surveys collected each month is 450.
The star rating reflects the percentage of patients who answered “Very good” or “Good” to the question “Overall, how would you rate the care you received?”
5 ☆☆☆☆☆ 95 - 100% 4 ☆☆☆☆ 80 - 94% 3 ☆☆☆ 60 - 79% 2 ☆☆ 40 - 59% 1 ☆ 20 - 39%
Partnering in Healthcare
Eastern Health is committed to providing a great patient experience, great patient outcomes and harm-free care and values the importance of partnering in healthcare delivery to achieve this.
Eastern Health is committed to providing a great patient experience and as such, strives to ensure that we meet the following five principles for partnering in health care.
Patients, families, carers, consumers and the community:
1. Are engaged respectfully and with kindness and partner with Eastern Health to achieve personalised care that supports them as a whole person.
2. Are empowered and actively supported to make informed decisions about their current and future health care and to participate in service design, delivery and improvement.
3. Are assured that safe, high quality care is available and is responsive to their diverse needs.
4. Have access to sufficient information, communicated in a way that they can understand and act on.
5. Have access to an environment that promotes healing, is safe, accessible, comfortable, clean and allows privacy.
How we collect feedback about your experience
Eastern Health currently collects information regarding the patient experience from a number of strategies including:
Patient feedback (compliments, complaints and suggested improvements) – can be provided through mechanisms including directly to staff, via a website feedback portal, email, phone, mail, or paper feedback form.
- Patient feedback (compliments, complaints and suggested improvements) – can be provided through mechanisms including directly to staff, via a website feedback portal, email, phone, mail, or paper feedback form.
- Victorian Healthcare Experience Survey (VHES) - is a statewide survey of people’s public healthcare experience. An independent contractor, Ipsos Social Research Institute, conducts the survey on behalf of the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS). The questionnaires are distributed by Ipsos Social Research Institute to a randomly selected group of eligible people from our health service in the month following hospital discharge or emergency department attendance. The VHES allows a wide range of people to provide feedback on their experiences from across the spectrum of services provided by Eastern Health with feedback and data captured from all Eastern Health sites.
- Patient Experience Surveys – are an important mechanism for obtaining feedback from our patients, families and carers about the care they receive at Eastern Health. As many patients as possible are provided the opportunity to complete the survey through completion of the survey via ward/service iPad prior to discharge, via provision of the Patient Experience Survey brochure at discharge which provides a QR code to the survey or via email.
- Care Opinion – an independent site for the consumers, families and carers of those who have accessed aged, health, and community services in Australia. Care Opinion gives you a public voice to share your experience about the services you use.
Eastern Health consumer information for inpatients
In response to consumer and staff feedback about the number and variety of brochures and education materials distributed to patients on admission, Eastern Health has produced a single patient booklet called Partners in Care – help us to care for you during your stay.
A Working Group including members from all areas of the organisation and consumers was established to develop it. A talented cartoonist, Taehoon Gwag who is also a Box Hill Hospital Patient Support Assistant worked with the Centre for Patient Experience staff and consumers to develop the illustrations. The Partners in care – help us to care for you during your hospital stay booklet is also available in Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Vietnamese, Greek and Italian.
In 2022, a Partners in Care video was developed and launched to provide a different format for patients, carers and families to access this important information.
- About us
- Annual Highlights
- Annual Reports
- Aboriginal Health Cultural Safety Plan
- Aboriginal Workforce Plan 2023-2026
- Cancer Services Plan 2015-20
- Connect with Respect
- Eastern Health 2022
- Eastern Insight
- Gender Equality Action Plan
- Mental Health Royal Commission Submissions
- Quality Accounts
- Reconciliation Action Plan
- Research Reports
- Strategic Plan 2023-2025
- Turning Point Review
- Organisational Structure
- Consumer and Community Engagement
- Eastern Health Foundation
- Policies and Guidelines
- Access to Patient Records
- A–Z Service Directory
- Aboriginal Health
- Acute Specialist Clinics (Outpatients)
- Patient Revenue Services
- Emergency Department
- Eastern Centre Against Sexual Assault
- Allied Health Services
- Clinical and Health Psychology
- Occupational therapy
- Physiotherapy - Continence and Women’s Health
- Physiotherapy – Inpatient Services
- Social work
- Speech pathology
- Spiritual care
- Maternity Services
- I am pregnant
- Maternity Booking Form
- First 14 Weeks
- 14 to 28 Weeks
- 28 Weeks to Birth
- I have given birth
- Maternity Resources for GPs
- I am pregnant
- Mental Health and Wellbeing Service
- Our Response to the Royal Commission into Victoria’s Mental Health System
- Mental Health Wellbeing and Recovery
- Lived Experience Workforce - LEW
- Families where a Parent has a Mental Illness (FaPMI)
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Social and Emotional Wellbeing
- Child Youth Mental Health and Wellbeing Service
- Adult Mental Health
- Central East Mental Health Services
- Outer East Mental Health Service
- Triage And Emergency Department Response Service
- Useful Links
- Overview of Adult Hospital Inpatient Units
- Inpatient Unit helpful information
- What can I expect during my stay?
- Dual Diagnosis
- Older Adult Mental Health and Wellbeing Service
- Consultation-Liaison (CL) Psychiatry
- Eastern Mental Health Service Coordination Alliance
- Language Services
- Imaging Services
- Alcohol and Drug Treatment (Turning Point)
- Patients and Visitors
- Angliss Hospital
- Blackburn Public Surgical Centre
- Box Hill Hospital
- Healesville Hospital and Yarra Valley Health
- Maroondah Hospital
- Peter James Centre
- Turning Point
- Wantirna Health
- Yarra Ranges Health
- Eastern Health Forest Hill
- Research & Ethics
- Latest News
- Research Programs
- Allied Health Research
- Endocrinology and Diabetes Clinical Trials - Eastern Clinical Research Unit (ECRU)
- Mental Health Research
- Nursing and Midwifery Research
- Turning Point
- Education and Training
- Research Data Services
- Library Services
- Funding Opportunities
- Research Enquiries
- Health Professionals
- Latest News
- Current Vacancies
- Why Work with us?
- Medical Recruitment
- Medical Training & Education
- Graduate Nurses & Midwives
- Nursing & Midwifery
- Allied Health
- Work Experience Program for Secondary School Students
- Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Contact us