Victorian Paediatric Rehabilitation Service
For more information
This service provides goal orientated, time limited interdisciplinary rehabilitation for children who may have had an injury, medical or surgical intervention or a functional impairment.
This Ambulatory/Community service based at Angliss Hospital that can provide assessment and therapy both in the therapy centre or, if required, in the community (home or school)
VPRS - Eastern is part of VPRS that have services at Royal Children's Hospital, Monash Medical Centre, Barwon Health, Ballarat Health and Bendigo HealthCare Group, La Trobe Reginal Hospital And Goulburn Valley Health.
- The client resides in eastern suburbs of Melbourne within the Eastern Health catchment area
- Aged 0-18 years
- Has an acquired injury, had a medical/surgical intervention or a functional impairment
- Requires a team approach consisting of different health professionals in order to achieve rehabilitation goals
- Typical client groups include acquired brain injury, clients requiring tone management, orthopaedic injuries/conditions requiring multidisciplinary rehabilitation and / or spinal cord injury or disease.
- Complete the Victorian Paediatric Referral (DOC,118KB) at and fax to the VPRS Regional Co-ordinator.
- Please also contact the Victorian Paediatric Rehabilitation Service Regional Co-ordinator for service details and any additional information required that may be required. Ph: (03) 9764 6229 Fax: 9764 6330
There is no charge for the service. Medical appointments will be funded through Medicare Benefits Scheme and will bulk billed.
To see the doctor, patients will need a current medical referral addressed to Dr C. Olesch, at VPRS Community Rehabilitation Centre, Angliss Hospital, Albert Street Upper Ferntree Gully Vic 3156
Paediatrician, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, speech pathologists, social workers and neuropsychologist and a clinical psychologist.
Frequently asked questions
My child is a bit slow to start to talking. Does this fit into your service?
Unfortunately no. VPRS does not see children with developmental difficulties/disabilities. A local community Health Service, Early Intervention Service or private Speech Pathologist would meet your child's specific needs.
We are happy to discuss various options with you.
Community Rehabilitation Service, Angliss Hospital, Albert Street Upper Ferntree Gully Vic 3156
P (03) 9764 6229 F 9764 6330
- Fee-based on site parking is available and accessible from Talaskia Road
- Disabled parking is accessible via the Community Rehabilitation Centre driveway on Talaskia Road
- Restricted 2 hour street parking is available around the hospital