Eastern Health Directory
Hospital Admission Risk Program (HARP)
The Hospital Admission Risk Program (HARP)
- Aims to prevent avoidable hospital presentations and admissions by working with those clients at risk of, or already experiencing frequent emergency presentations or hospital admissions.
- Targets people with chronic disease, aged and/or complex needs that frequently use hospitals or are at imminent risk of hospitalisation and could benefit from coordinated care.
- Works in collaboration with other acute, community, aged care and specialist services to provide alternative interventions to hospital admission where appropriate.
A HARP client is a person with chronic disease and or complex needs, who is frequently presenting to hospital or at risk of doing do. This includes:
- People with chronic heart disease;
- People with chronic respiratory disease;
- People with diabetes:
- Older people with complex needs;
- People with complex psychosocial needs;
ContactP Access Unit – HARP (03) 9881 1100
F (03) 9881 1102
HoursMonday - Friday service with limited weekend service.