Eastern Health Directory
Eastern Health social workers provide services to inpatient, outpatient, mental health and community programs. Social workers have a person and family-centred approach.
Social workers are an integral part of the team of specialist health professionals at Eastern Health. Support may be given in group or individual settings and may include education and counselling for family and carers. Services may also be provided on site or in client’s homes or in other residential settings.
Adjusting to health issues can be a stressful time for patients as well as family. Social Workers provide assistance for a range of issues, which may include:
- Carer stress
- Family conflict
- Drug and alcohol concerns
- Decision to move to residential care
- Accessing community resources and services
- Complex discharge planning
- Social isolation
- Child/ elder abuse
- Financial/ legal concerns
- Adjustment to hospitalisation and/or health condition
- Significant change in care needs and associated supports
Social workers provide:
Information and planning for move to supported accommodation including: nursing home/hostel/supported residential services.
- Psychosocial assessments and plans for intervention
- Discharge planning
- Short term counselling and emotional support
- Advocacy for clients and families facilitation of family meetings
- Crisis assessment and intervention
- Information and education such as Centrelink, Veterans Affairs, TAC and Workcover
AddressDavey Drive, Ringwood East, VIC
ContactP (03) 9871 3511
Car ParkingCar parking is available in several areas in and around the Hospital, including the multi-level car park for which a fee is charged. Failure to observe parking restrictions on the Hospital grounds and surrounding streets may result in a parking infringement notice being issued by the local Council.