Box Hill Hospital
Established in 1956, Box Hill Hospital is the largest of our acute hospitals admitting more than 48,000 patients each year.
We provide a wide range of healthcare services including: emergency care, general and specialist medicine, intensive care, mental health services for children, adolescents and adults, maternity services, post-acute care programs, surgery, teaching and research.
We are a university teaching hospital affiliated with Monash, La Trobe and Deakin Universities.
Download the Box Hill Hospital consumer information sheet here.
The $447.5 million redevelopment of Box Hill Hospital began in November 2011 and includes the construction of a new clinical services building followed by some refurbishment of the existing hospital.
When it opens (mid-2014), the new facility will include:
- 621 beds (an increase of more than 200 beds)
- A larger and more efficient Emergency Department
- A dedicated women’s service, linked to the children’s ward
- 11 new operating theatres
- A new 18-bed intensive care unit
- Specialist cardiology services
- Inpatient and day beds for cancer and renal patients
- Plus two floors of public underground parking (approx 220 spaces)
The hospital remains operational during this works program.
Click here to find the latest information.
Project website: www.health.vic.gov.au/boxhill
Get regular updates and photos on the Box Hill Hospital Redevelopment Project by liking our Facebook page
Nelson Road, Box Hill, VIC 3128
Hospital inquiries PH: 1300 342 255 or 1300 EH Call
Mental Health inpatient services
Upton House PH: 9895 4954
Adolescent Unit PH: 9092 6740
Wellington House PH: 9895 4939
View Service Directory