Box Hill Hospital
Established in 1956, Box Hill Hospital is the largest of our acute hospitals admitting more than 48,000 patients each year.
We provide a wide range of healthcare services including: emergency care, general and specialist medicine, intensive care, mental health services for children, adolescents and adults, maternity services, post-acute care programs, surgery, teaching and research.
We are a university teaching hospital affiliated with Monash, La Trobe and Deakin Universities.
Download the Box Hill Hospital consumer information sheet here.
The $447.5 million redevelopment of Box Hill Hospital began in November 2011 and includes the construction of a new clinical services building followed by some refurbishment of the existing hospital.
When it opens (mid-2014), the new facility will include:
- 621 beds (an increase of more than 200 beds)
- A larger and more efficient Emergency Department
- A dedicated women’s service, linked to the children’s ward
- 11 new operating theatres
- A new 18-bed intensive care unit
- Specialist cardiology services
- Inpatient and day beds for cancer and renal patients
- Plus two floors of public underground parking (approx 220 spaces)
The hospital remains operational during this works program.
Click here to find the latest information.
Get regular updates and photos on the Box Hill Hospital Redevelopment Project by liking our Facebook page
Nelson Road, Box Hill, VIC 3128
Hospital reception: 9895 3333
Mental Health inpatient services
Upton House 9895 4954
Adolescent Unit 9092 6740
Wellington House 9895 4939
View Service Directory