Box Hill Hospital
Established in 1956, Box Hill Hospital is the largest of our acute hospitals admitting more than 48,000 patients each year.
We provide a wide range of healthcare services including: emergency care, general and specialist medicine, intensive care, mental health services for children, adolescents and adults, maternity services, post-acute care programs, surgery, teaching and research.
We are a university teaching hospital affiliated with Monash, La Trobe and Deakin Universities.
Download the Box Hill Hospital consumer information sheet here.
The $447.5 million redevelopment of Box Hill Hospital began in November 2011 and includes the construction of a new clinical services building followed by some refurbishment of the existing hospital.
When it opens, the new facility will include:
- An increase of more than 200 beds
- A larger, more efficient emergency department
- A new 18-bed intensive care unit
- 10 new operating theatres, with an 11th for future expansion
- Improved women and children’s services
- More inpatient and day beds for cancer and renal patients
- Two floors of basement parking to provide 212 spaces for community use.
The hospital remains operational during this works program.
Click here to find the latest information.
Project website: www.health.vic.gov.au/boxhill
Get regular updates and photos on the Box Hill Hospital Redevelopment Project by liking our Facebook page
Nelson Road, Box Hill, VIC 3128
Hospital inquiries PH: 1300 342 255 or 1300 EH Call
Mental Health inpatient services
Upton House PH: 9895 4954
Adolescent Unit PH: 9092 6740
Wellington House PH: 9895 4939
View Service Directory