Search our vacancies
Click here for information about our Transition to Speciality Practice programs (TSP) and our Post Graduate Study options.
Eastern Health offers a wide variety of clinical placement experiences to Pre-Registration (Undergraduate) Nursing and Midwifery students.
For nursing students placements may include: Acute; Specialty areas; Rehabilitation; Palliative Care; Community and Mental Health. Students should ask their Higher Educational Provider (Tertiary) or Vocational Education Provider for more information.
For midwifery students placements may include: antenatal clinic; foetal monitoring; birth suite; post natal; lactation clinic; special care nursery and domiciliary or Mid-care.
*Please note that any enquiries or requests for clinical placements must go through your education provider
For urgent matters relating to existing pre-registration nursing/midwifery student placements please email Student.Placements@easternhealth.org.au
Eastern Health offers a 6 month induction program for all Enrolled Nurse who join us. The program includes a series of study days and clinical competency assessments, with supported learning in the clinical environment and through the simulated education centres (SIM). Places are offered to new ENs who join Eastern Health via our usual recruitment processes. Please note – the ENIP is not a recruitment program.
For more information please email ENIP@easternhealth.org.au
For vacant EN roles please click here.
Eastern Health is offering Registered Nurses (previously Division 1) with current registration with the Nursing Midwifery Board of Australia an opportunity to re-enter the nursing workforce.
Places are available on the Eastern Health RN Refresher Program which provide you with a supported program of education, clinical teaching, ward-based learning and additional support whilst gaining experience in the clinical setting.
The refresher program can be undertaken over six weeks (full time five days per week) or eight weeks part time (three or four days per week) and includes access to clinical educator support, professional development study days, skill acquisition via simulation based learning and clinical placement in the acute ward setting. There is no requirement to work weekends or night duty.
On successful completion of the program you will have the opportunity to apply for suitable positions within Eastern Health.
Current registration (without conditions) is essential. Previous acute experience will be considered favourably.
This program is not currently available for Midwives or Enrolled Nurses.
Minimum criteria for the program includes:
• Must have current RN registration with the Nursing & Midwifery Board of Australia
• Must demonstrate the right to live and work in Australia
• Must meet the required level of spoken and written English language
• Must commit to completing the program of study and clinical placement hours
• Must be willing to undergo pre-employment screening, including reference checks, immunisation status and a police check
• Basic computer skills are required to undertake the study component of this program
Please note this program is not suitable for newly qualified nurses. Applicants who have not completed a Graduate Nurse program, or who cannot demonstrate a work history as an RN in Australia will not be considered.
Places are advertised on our recruitment platform eh.mercury.com.au
For further information please email RNRP@easternhealth.org.au
Eastern Health employs Health Assistants in nursing in our wards across the health service. Health Assistants work alongside our nursing teams to support patients and their families with their basic care. Vacant positions are advertised on our recruitment platform eh.mercury.com.au
Any queries can be emailed to email@example.com.
Click here for information on how to apply to Casual Bank
Nurse & Midwife Support (NM Support) is a national telephone and online service that provides confidential advice to nurses and midwives about their health and wellbeing. The service also offers support to nursing and midwifery students, educators, employers and concerned family members. To access NM Support or for further information, call 1800 667 877 or visit www.nmsupport.org.au.
Eastern Health is pleased to offer this new program in 2017-2018. The Early Career Nurse Program (ECN) enables recently qualified Registered Nurses who have not undertaken a Graduate Nurse Program an opportunity to enter the Eastern Health nursing workforce in our acute and subacute settings.
- Are you recently qualified?
- Missed out on a Graduate Nurse Program?
- Registered with the Nursing & Midwifery Board of Australia?
- Keen to improve your confidence, skills and knowledge in a supported program in the acute environment?
- Keen to work for a leading public health service?
This program is available to Registered Nurses who have qualified and registered in the last 3 years on a fixed term, part time or full time basis. You must have been eligible for PMCV Computer Match, but having not completed a formal Graduate Nurse Program.
Acute experience is viewed favourably but not essential. Perhaps you have been working in subacute or aged care, or doing some agency nursing - we can offer you a supported pathway into acute nursing with our friendly teams in our award winning health service.
You will benefit from a structured, comprehensive induction program, regular study days, clinical assessments and regular feedback.
Places are advertised on our recruitment platform https://eh.mercury.com.au/ Please register for vacancies.
Queries can be directed to NMWorkforce@easternhealth.org.au
- About us
- Eastern Health 2022
- Board of Directors
- Executive Team
- Consumer, Carer & Community Participation
- Eastern Health Foundation
- My Health Record
- Privacy at Eastern Health
- Freedom of Information
- Quality and Safety
- Policies and Guidelines
- Eastern Health Hospital, Precinct and Program Map
- A–Z Service Directory
- Mental Health Services
- Child & Youth Mental Health Service (CYMHS)
- Adult Mental Health
- Central East Mental Health Services
- Outer East Mental Health Service
- Triage And Emergency Department Response Service
- Families where a Parent has a Mental Illness (FaPMI)
- Dual Diagnosis
- Useful Links
- Aged Persons Mental Health Services (APMHS)
- Consultation-Liaison (CL) Psychiatry
- Eastern Mental Health Service Coordination Alliance
- Families where a Parent has a Mental Illness (FaPMI)
- Ambulatory & Community Services
- Continuing Care
- Maternity Services
- I am pregnant
- First 14 Weeks
- 14 to 28 Weeks
- 28 Weeks to Birth
- I have given birth
- Maternity Resources for GPs
- I am pregnant
- Allied Health Services
- Clinical and Health Psychology
- Exercise Physiology
- Interpreting Services
- Occupational therapy
- Physiotherapy - Continence and Women’s Health
- Physiotherapy – Inpatient Services
- Social work
- Speech pathology
- Spiritual care
- Language Services
- Imaging Services
- Alcohol and Drug Treatment
- Patients and Visitors
- Angliss Hospital
- Box Hill Hospital
- Healesville Hospital and Yarra Valley Health
- Maroondah Hospital
- Peter James Centre
- Turning Point
- Wantirna Health
- Yarra Ranges Health
- Research & Ethics
- Health Professionals
- Current Vacancies
- Why Work with us?
- Medical Recruitment
- Graduate Nurses & Midwives
- Nursing & Midwifery
- Allied Health
- Medical Training & Education
- Work Experience Program for Secondary School Students
- Contact us